We at WicorMarine Yacht Haven are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, is processed. Please read this carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Wicormarine Ltd.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling-in forms downloaded from our website wicormarine.co.uk and our Facebook pages. This includes requesting information or quotations from us and subscribing to our newsletters.
• If you contact us in person, by telephone, or by email we may keep a record of that conversation.
• If you complete a research questionnaire sent by or for us.
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access. This is
anonymous data collected by Google Analytics.
• Information obtained from third parties in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and analytical reporting. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
You can refuse to accept cookies by changing your browser settings. If you do this, you may not be able to access all areas of our website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us via email or through our website will be stored on our secure servers, or the secure servers of third parties authorised by us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received
your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission; or have a legal obligation to do so; or to protect our rights, property and customers; or in order to enforce our general terms and conditions.
Uses of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer. • To provide you with information that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you.
• To administer visitor and annual berthing arrangements and contracts.
• To enable you to participate in the services we provide.
• To notify you of changes to our service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at:
WicorMarine Yacht Haven, Cranleigh Road, Portchester, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 9DR; or firstname.lastname@example.org with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be directed to email@example.com
Wicormarine Ltd – May 2018