We at WicorMarine Yacht Haven are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, is processed. Please read this carefully to understand how we treat your personal data.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (the Data Protection Legislation), the Data Controller is Wicormarine Ltd of Cranleigh Road, Portchester, Fareham, Hampshire , PO16 9DR (company registration number 948155).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on/or downloaded from our website (www.wicormarine.co.uk) and our Facebook page or other social media platforms. This includes requesting information or quotations from us and subscribing to our newsletters.
- If you contact us in person, by telephone, or by email we may keep a record of that conversation.
- If you complete a research questionnaire sent by or for us.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access. This is anonymous data collected by Google Analytics.
- Information obtained from third parties in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as Automated Number Plate Recognition.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and analytical reporting. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small data files, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain certain personal information about you, which help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
You can refuse to accept cookies by changing your browser settings. If you do this, you may not be able to access all areas of our website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us via email or through our website will be stored on our secure servers, or the secure servers of third parties authorised by us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission; or have a legal obligation to do so; or to protect our rights, property and customers; or in order to enforce our general terms and conditions.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To administer visitor and annual berthing arrangements and contracts.
- To enable you to participate in the services we provide.
- To notify you of changes to our service.
Under the Data Protection Legislation:
- Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your data for any purpose, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- You can ask us to rectify any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request the erasure of personal information that we hold about you.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at: WicorMarine Yacht Haven, Cranleigh Road, Portchester, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 9DR; or email@example.com with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held by us about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Legislation. An administration fee may be charged in certain circumstances – please contact us if you require further information.
We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected.
Road, Portchester, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 9DR or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WicorMarine Ltd – November 2019